See below our career opportunities.
REGISTERED NURSE IN A PSYCHIATRIC ENVIRONMENT
Purpose of the job
To provide excellent Nursing Care for the MHCU, to effectively manage the Ward and Staff and to ensure efficient and effective consultation, facilitation and communication with MHCU’s, Multi-disciplinary Team and employees in order to aid good Nursing practices and outcomes.
- Qualified and Registered with SANC as a Registered Nurse.
- PC Literacy (MS Office, Internet & Emails)
- Must be bilingual or proficient in multiple languages, one of which must be English
- Qualification in psychiatry and/or 1-2 years’ experience in a psychiatric environment will be an advantage
- Solid knowledge on the nursing processes and relevant legislation pertaining to nursing
- Familiar with the effective management of medicine
- Attend to Departmental matters pro-actively and in a professional manner
- Effective management of pre-op and post-op care of ECT in accordance to Vista Clinic policies
- Deliver and ensure an effective and efficient general ward administration and management
- Create a safe and healthy therapeutic environment
- Admission and discharge of a MHCU
- Management of medication and prescriptions
- Effective physical and psychological care of a MHCU
- Managing of the Nursing Process
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all customers
- Utilise financial resources effectively
- Promote a culture of learning and growth
- Must be able to work without close / hands-on supervision and management
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, including senior doctors in a professional and service orientated manner.
- Decision Making
- Change management and strategic planning
- Coaching, Delegating and Facilitating
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management/Resolution
- Cross cultural awareness
- Customer Service/Client Focus
- Telephonic Interaction
- Team Development
- Planning and Organising – adherence to deadlines
- Assessments will be part of the Recruitment and Selection Process
- Practical (OSCE)
- Numeracy and English Literacy (NLA)
Please complete the Application form that is available on the Vista Clinic’s website.
No CV will be accepted without the Application form and Reference Number.
PLEASE FORWARD ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday, 31 October 2019
Reference Number: HR-NUR-RN-16/10
If you haven’t heard back from us within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
PART OF THE GLOBAL ADVENTIST HEALTHCARE NETWORK,
WHICH IS THE SECOND LARGEST PRIVATE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IN THE WORLD.
© Vista Clinic. All rights reserved.